Tuesday, September 22, 2009

no thank you, homework

Remember that back to blogging post? I might have been lying. Not intentionally, of course. But lying nonetheless. I can't lie on purpose. Like really can't. At least lie and make it sound believeable. I should never be a spy...

School is HARD this semester. Whoever came up with the idea that classes should get harder as you become an upper-classman? Rude. Not only are they harder, but they are more stressful and MUCH more work. Redundant? Possibly. Whoever you are, I am NOT your number one fan. I'm not even your number one HUNDRED or one hundred THOUSAND fan. That's right. Take that. Now if you could just change that policy, please. Thank you.

I never realized how much time Matt spent calming me down every day as I would stress out about every little thing until he wasn't here to do it. Go figure. However, his letters still do a world of good.

School, I love you.

Homework, I don't. You make my life much harder. I'm trying to love you; they do say that trials make the heart grow stronger, don't they? Well regardless of whether they do or they don't, I'm pretty sure trials do just that. So I'm sure someday I'll thank you. In the meantime...

4 comments:

Cait said...

I agree. I'm a senior. Senior year is suppose to be a class here and there. I'm taking the lightest load (creditwise) of my college career and I'm swamped only a couple of weeks in. Lame. I have three essays that I have to do tonight and I spent yesterday reading over 400 pages worth of reading for some classes. Okay, speaking of school...I have to jet to a group meeting for a class. I'll talk to you later! Call me if you're stressed and need to talk to someone! Love you!

Jana said...

I hate homework too. I wish we had more time to hang out instead of just doing homework. I love you and I know you are doing better about stressing. You are a hero.

Travis Butterfield said...

I thought it was "absence makes the heart grow fonder." Ha ha.

Anyhoo. I'm sorry to hear that you're stressed. If its any consolation, I think you're pretty cool, even if you DO like ranch dressing ;-)

Amber Fenn said...

Katie!!! I love that you found me, I am so excited! How in the world are you?! I am at main campus this semester so we need to go to lunch or something asap!! LOVE!