Monday, December 17, 2012

connecticut

Truth: My heart is still broken about what happened in Connecticut.  The fact that I'm about to be a mom brought it even more close to home somehow.

I have seen dozens, maybe even hundreds, of beautiful and heart-wrenching facebook and blog posts about this tragedy, and truthfully, I feel like I have nothing more to add.  Everything that I have thought or felt or wanted to say has already been said somehow, and probably in an even more poignant way.

But if you are looking for any measure of comfort, watch this video.  Nothing can completely fix the ache, but watching this grieving dad keep his faith in spite of the loss of his sweet daughter brought some peace to my heart.

And this video about forgiveness is beautiful as well:


I don't understand all of this, and I certainly don't claim to, but I do know that Heavenly Father truly is in control.  And not just in control, but He is just and good and merciful, and He understands far more than we could possibly understand right now with our mortal comprehension.  Things will be made right through our Savior Jesus Christ, whether we can see it right now or not.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

John 14:27

1 comment:

Alyx said...

This is one of my favorite Mormon Messages videos. Seriously sooo touching! Have a Merry Christmas!