Tuesday, December 10, 2013

ellie's 9 month pictures

This post makes me officially caught up on Ellie's monthly "birthday" pictures.  For about two weeks anyway.  Mom of the year award, right here.


Have I mentioned lately how much she just cracks me up?  She has developed quite the little personality, and she makes me laugh every single day.  Whether she's fake-crying, being dramatic, letting things hang out of her mouth like a little puppy, giggling at random things, shaking her little bum to the music, or chewing us out in monosyllables, we just can't get enough of her.


She gets a kick out of pretending to share and pulling the objects back at the very last second.  We'll have to teach her the difference between "sharing" and "keep-away."




She still loves her dad, but she has become quite the little mama's girl.  She follows me around like she thinks she's my shadow.  When I leave a room, she cries.  When I walk away from her, she cries.  When she thinks I'm about to walk away from her, she cries.  It's almost flattering.



Not quite sure when she pulled that strap down over her ear...






Can you see those little teeth poking through on the bottom?  She's got two on top now, too, but she was being a little stinker and wouldn't give me a full smile.


She loves crawling up our stairs, but hasn't figured out getting back down.  Except for, you know, face-planting.  Or throwing herself back until I catch her and giggling with delight.  [Which kind of worries me, to be honest.]


She still waves constantly, and is just barely starting to figure out high-fives, thanks to her dad and her cousins.


She understands the word "no," but sometimes flashes a mischievous smile when I say it.  And then she'll proceed to do it anyway.


She would much rather eat things directly off our plates than that mushed-up baby food, and she'll even pull herself up on our chairs at the dinner table and "beg" for food.  Not that it takes much convincing.  You'd think we never fed her by the "please, Sir, can I have some more" look on her face.

We just can't get enough of our Ellie girl.

[And let's continue to keep our fingers crossed that I'll get all caught up this week!]

p.s.  Here's a sneak preview of Ellie's newly-painted nursery!  I still have some work to do - more decor, painting dresser knobs, etc - but I'm loving the way it turned out!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

She is just too cute! I love the updates! I think I didn't take monthly pictures of Holland after 9ish months! You're doing great! Haha. And her room is adorable!! I never really finished Holland's and now we'll be moving so I'm never going to. Haha. Pretty ridiculous! Oh well!

Fran said...

awe she's so cute!