Friday, November 4, 2011

community

Part of me has always wanted to live in the South.

I have never been there, but from what I have heard and from the books I have read, it sounds like a magical place.

And in my imagination, people are sometimes-quirky but always neighborly.  And there is a strong sense of community.

It seems very likely to me that this really is all in my imagination, since again, I have never been there.  Kind of an important detail.

But regardless, I have found a piece of what the South is like [in my imagination] in our new apartment complex.

Everyone has been so friendly.  I've never experienced that in an apartment complex before.  Like - chatting it up, inviting us over for dinner, and telling us we can borrow toilet paper if we run out - kind of friendly.

And I love it.

It's not even just one neighbor, or even two...it's everyone.

Like the lady who has all the cute little blonde kids who have us her contact card, or the woman with her three pugs who loves to talk, or the couple with the two dogs and two kids who love to be outside.

I hope we get the chance to know them all better.

But if it really is anything like I imagine the South to be, I'm sure we will.

p.s.  If the South is different from what I imagine it to be, and you know it, just keep in mind that old adage, "ignorance is bliss."

p.p.s.  Kloveyoubye.

4 comments:

Kndbbdjk said...

The South really is like that :) Just so you know.

Emma Frances said...

I LOVE this! :] What a fun apartment complex. If we ever move down to the valley we're moving there! And then we can be real life friends!! Haha. I have only been to the South once but it was definitely like that!!

Suget said...

wow, you are so lucky. I want that kind of neighborhood. I don't even talk to my neighbors much, just on facebook, but not in person. What is up with that? They can say a virtual hi but not in real life? ):

ashley.warner said...

sounds like you're having a ball! :)