Tuesday, November 15, 2011

wedgies

Papers and presentations and tests, oh my!

Thank heavens Thanksgiving is next week.  [Ahaha.  Is it funny to anyone else that I am thankful for Thanksgiving?  ...Yeah.  Maybe my brain is just too fried to know what's funny anymore.]

Want to hear a funny story?  [Now that your faith in my humor is gone...]

My mom came down on Friday just to spend the day with me.  And it was great!  It's the funnest thing when your mom is one of your best friends.

Anyway on the drive down [she lives about two hours away], she bought some KFC.  She still had some potato wedges left by the time she got to our apartment, so she offered them to me:

"I couldn't eat all of my food...would you like some of my wedgies?"

Needless to say, I laughed about that on and off for a few hours.  And I might be laughing about it right now just remembering it.

Why yes, Mom, I would like some of your wedgies...

Friday was an awesome day.  She taught me how to do things like fill the nail holes in our walls and put up new shower rods.  She even took me early Christmas shopping and got me things like throw pillows for our couch and mirrors for our walls.

There is a literally endless list of things I can learn from my mom.  She is a handy gal to have around.

And we both love to laugh about almost everything.  Including KFC and wedgies.

Gotta love wedgies.

6 comments:

bematheson said...

Fun I love when I get to see my mom too for sure she's my best friend! But I am not sure id eat her wedgies haha! Btw I am thankful for Thanksgiving too!

Emma Frances said...

Moms are the best! And that story really is hilarious! What a fun weekend!!

Jamie Mo said...

Ha this totally sounds like me and my mom! Awesome!

Ashley Slater said...

I love that you are friends with your mom! I wish I had that kind of relationship with my mom! That is a precious thing!

xo,
ashley

Kndbbdjk said...

ha ha ha! Love it! My mom says hilarious stuff all the time!

katilda said...

this story made me exceedingly happy.