Friday, February 17, 2012

morning routine

I used to have every morning timed perfectly.

I knew exactly how long it would take me to get ready.

20 minutes to shower.
12 minutes to get dressed.  [Aka figure out what I wanted to wear.]
8 minutes to put on my make-up.
10 minutes to do my hair.
10 minutes to figure out what to take for lunch and fix my breakfast.

One hour total.

I needed one hour to get ready to go anywhere.

But then gradually I started noticing that I was late to everything.

I couldn't understand.  I had everything timed perfectly.  How could this happen?

So I decided to time everything again, and realized that it didn't take me 10 minutes to do my hair.  No, it took me 20.  20 minutes.  And I wasn't doing anything differently.

I mentioned this dilemma to Tim one morning, and he immediately noticed that there was a buildup of lint in the back of my hair dryer.  He speculated that this might be the cause of my abnormally long morning routine.

When I got home that night, he'd cleaned it out for me.

The next morning, it was right back to the 10 minutes to do my hair.

And it's back to the perfect timing.

Moral of the story?  Clean out the back of your hair dryer.  You might just get to sleep an extra ten minutes.

[Second moral of the story?  If you marry a nice guy, he just might do it for you.]

4 comments:

Kndbbdjk said...

Aww that was sweet of him! :) I love how our hubbys support our strangest quirks. For some reason I have to sleep with the bedroom door closed even though no one else lives with us, and Lance is so nice and gets up to close it when I am already in bed. :)

Fran said...

Aww that's sweet of him! I would've never thought of that! haha

Katie said...

10 minutes to do your hair?! I'm officially jealous.

katilda said...

I can vouch for this morning routine after 1+ years of sharing a room with this woman. I've seen it happen. She's also seen my morning routine, which begins with "hit snooze 3-4 times."