Thursday, February 23, 2012

dr. pepper

I find it ironic that every time we make a trip to the grocery store, we always end up eating out.  I think it's because we are thinking almost exclusively about food, so we don't have the patience to wait until we get home to actually make something for dinner.

Yesterday we decided on going through the drive-through at Taco Bell.  Tim has a habit of forgetting what I want immediately after I tell him, so I repeated several times:

"I want two hard tacos and a small Dr. Pepper."

"I want two hard tacos and a small Dr. Pepper."

"I want two hard tacos and a small Dr. Pepper."

The woman over the intercom asked what we wanted.

"Two hard tacos and a small Dr. Pepper," I reminded him gently.

"We would like," he began, "A number four combo with Dr. Pepper, two hard tacos..."

He gave me a wicked grin.

"...and a water."

My jaw dropped.

"Tim!" I squealed in my loudest whisper.

He started laughing and pulled forward to the window.

I couldn't believe it.  Did he not want me to have a Dr. Pepper?

Suddenly understanding dawned.

He was going to give me his Dr. Pepper and let me think I was only going to get a water.

I started laughing as well.

"That was mean!"

"You should have seen your face!  You were so offended!"

"You know how important Dr. Pepper is to me."

And then for the rest of the night, he may or may not have mocked my jaw-dropped, offended face every 15-20 minutes.

What can I say?

A girl's gotta have her Dr. Pepper.

3 comments:

katilda said...

i felt offended for you. so apparently i'm with you on the DP. but we already knew that. crap now i want some.

Alexis Kaye said...

A dr pepper post. A girl after my own heart. Hahah I think about this every time we go to costco. I always want to eat in their cozy little cafe. I mean, $1.50 for a hot dog, drink, AND no dishes in the sink? but then our tripple digit bill always drags me away from that. Sigh...Maybe that'll be the motivation to spend less than $100...or just more frequent costco trips so the bill is les... :)

Emma Frances said...

Teehee! So funny! :] My husband totally does stuff just to see my reaction too! Silly boys!