Sunday, March 25, 2012

jerome

Have I told you that I love all of the touristy little towns in Arizona?  Oh.  Well.  I do.  I love the fact that you can walk down the street and it doesn't take too much imagination to pretend that you're in the late 19th century, because, well, everything still looks pretty similar to how it did in the late 19th century.

[Not that I'm professing in any way to be good at history, because let's face it: I'm not.  There's a difference between liking something and being good at it.]

[Let's not even talk about my geography skills.  Jerusalem is not in South America, p.s.]

Earlier this week, Tim and I had the opportunity to go with my brother Jeff to the little town of Jerome.  Um, have you ever been there?  Cutest town ever.  It's an old mining town and is literally built right into the side of a mountain.


I loved all the little gifts shops.  If I were lying, I would tell you Tim and Jeff loved them, too.  [Just kidding.  They liked some of them.]


We went to their little mining museum, which purportedly brought the town back to life...back in the day.  Sometime.  [Remember how I'm not good at history?]



Jeff reads approximately 653.22 times faster than the general population, which meant he was done reading all the little plaques much faster than we were...so he had to find other ways to entertain himself.


And don't worry, I found ways to entertain myself, too.


And I made Tim be entertained with me.


Bar turned soda shop.


Red light district.  Always classy.



Tim loved it as much as I thought he would.  But he loved the Tuzigoot Indian ruins even more.  [Which I unforunately don't have pictures of because our camera died.  And my phone won't let me upload any pictures right now.]  [Who am I kidding?  You're probably tired of pictures anyway.]

Moral of the story?  Go to touristy little towns in AZ.  [And Jerome in particular.]

[Also a] moral of the story?  It's much more fun when you bring your lover and your brother with you.  [Which sounds suspiciously like a bad rap song.]

8 comments:

Kylie said...

I love Jerome! We went there last year, but not to the museum. Maybe we should check it out if we go again!

The Muse said...

That sounds cool. When I was in college, my roomies and I would go "Ghost Towning" on random Saturdays-- we saw some pretty sweet ghost towns as a result. Now I want to go to Jerome, too. Which isn't a ghost town, but yeah.

Suget said...

Jerome is cute. Of course when I was a little wee lass, I would hide at the bottom of my my mom's car because I hated heights (still do) and didn't want to see the sprawling town while going up the mountainous road... now whenever I go I stick my head out the window and watch the scenery (when I am not driving)
Sedona is amazing too!!

katilda said...

your lover and your brother goin' out to roam, red light district in the land of jerome (uh...uh)

Karl Tenney said...

That first photo ... I know 'zackly where that is. Did you get a burger at the place across the street?

Salt & Pepper said...

Isn't Jerusalem right next to the Cranberry Isles;)

I'll Love You Forever said...

Great pictures, looks like a fun time!

Emma Frances said...

I love Jerome! :] We need to make a trip down there again soon!!