Friday, March 2, 2012

wedding day [part 3]

*If you haven't already, you might wanna read Part 1 and Part 2 first.*

We stepped out into the scorching sunlight, hands clasped tightly together, for the first time as Mr. and Mrs. Devey.

[Disclaimer: I have no idea who those people behind us are.]

We were expecting everyone to be waiting for us at the bottom of the steps, as is customary, but because it was so hot, everyone was huddled under any bit of shade they could find.


And even though it was hotter than all get out, our hearts smiled magnificently.


I don't know that I'd ever felt so much love in my entire life.


My dear friend Chantal took all these lovely pictures, and she was incredible at telling everyone where to stand and how to do it quickly so we wouldn't have to be out in the heat for any longer than necessary.  [And believe me, no one wanted to be outside any longer than absolutely necessary.]

Our family and friends.

My lovely bridesmaids.

Our wedding party.

Immediately after taking pictures, everyone scurried to the building across the street, where we would be having our luncheon.  Before I walked over there, however, I needed to get a key from my mother to be able to get all of my things out of my locker in the temple.  But there was only one problem.

My mom was no where in sight.

Tim walked with me into the foyer of the temple while my dad rushed to find my mom.  After about 15 minutes, Tim left to go find my dad.

Which left me standing by myself in the foyer of the temple in my wedding dress.

I could sense the questioning stares from everyone in the foyer.  Why is she here by herself?  Did her groom leave her?  

It was an awkward few minutes, let me tell you.

Finally, they returned with the key and my recommend, which allowed me to gather all of my things.

We hurried over to the luncheon, expecting everyone to be inside the building, wondering where the heck we had been.

Instead, we found everyone waiting outside the building, wondering why the heck the building was still locked.

Continue on to Part 4.

3 comments:

katilda said...

ahahha. and all this time i was sitting in the shade....sweating....bahaha.

Emma Frances said...

I love this! You looked absolutely gorgeous despite the heat! I would have been sweating buckets! Haha. Also, the standing by yourself in the foyer is pretty funny! I'm glad your groom didn't really leave you! I can't wait to read more!!

Fran said...

aw I love the picture of you and all your bridesmaids!