Thursday, June 14, 2012

news

I have some good news and some bad news.  Actually, that's not quite true.  I have one piece of couldhavebeenbad news.  And a few pieces of good news.

Which would you like to hear first?

The couldhavebeenbad news it is.

My "little" brother, Eric, woke up to some very severe back pain the other night.  After throwing up a few times and taking a trip to the hospital, they gave him some morphine and told him that he had a kidney stone.  Long story short, the stone is too big to pass, but he doesn't have to have surgery!  Woot!  They're going to use an instrument that involves sonic waves to break it up.  Or something like that.

However it works, I'm totally relieved.  A reallyreallystrong big sister instinct kicked in as soon as I heard, and I was prepared to drop everything just to be with him in the hospital if necessary.  It turned out not to be necessary, but I was almost disappointed that I didn't have a good enough excuse to drive up and see him and be certain that he was really ok.

Eric is the freakishly tall one on the right.

Now for the good news.

I am now officially a volunteer at Banner Desert Medical Center!


I am a tiny bit concerned to be volunteering at a hospital whose spelling is so bad [can you imagine what would happen if the doctor misspelled a prescription??  ...go in for heart problems, come out with colon cancer meds...], but I am excited nonetheless!  I'm going to work at an information desk in the children's wing!

[And what the heck?!  Today was the one day I didn't do diddly squat with my hair, and they just had to take  the picture today.  Doesn't it always happen that way?]

And on to another piece of good news: next week is the Devey Family Reunion!  I'm so excited.  I went last year, too, right after I went through the temple for the first time, and it was a blast.  But this time, Tim and I are married!  What what!  [Aka basically the only thing that will really change is that we'll be able to sleep in the same bed this time.  And Tim will be stealing all the covers.]

AND, one of my best friends just found out that she is having a BOY!  I totally called it.  And now Tim owes me a foot rub, because he guessed a girl.


And finally, I got a new job!  I'm going to be working at Mesa Community College, at least temporarily.  I'm so excited!  Nervous, but excited.  It's going to be so fun!

I do actually have one more bit of news, but I'm not going to tell you yet!  Ha!  But it might involve temples and a wedding dress and a PARTY!  I love parties.

Ok...ok I think that's it.  Kloveyoubye.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dude...kidney stones suck! Believe me! I wish I had had morpihine for my endeavor hahahaha but I'm glad he's better! And congrats on your volunteer position! My husbter's uncle works there in the Children's Center ;)

And I can't wait to hear other news! You're keeping me in suspense!!

katilda said...

a wedding dress...temples...party....I'M GETTING MARRIED, AREN'T I?? i'm so glad you shared this news with me. i am so excited for me.

Alexis Kaye said...

Colunteer. At least C is next to V on the keyboard....

Awesome about your new job! What are you going to be doing? I work at Rio Salado which is of course another maricopa CC so it's basically the same thing!

Jana said...

Really really strong big sister instinct? Been there, done that one! I'm so happy about your two jobs. I think you'll do well at both, but I can say from experience that when you're in the hospital, a smile makes all the difference. I can't wait to hang out!

I'll Love You Forever said...

Congratulations with your new job and also volunteering! Love all the boy clothes hanging up, they are so cute. Hope the reunion is lots of fun!

momto8 said...

congrats to you!! a job and volunteering..you are one busy woman....good for you!!