Monday, October 22, 2012

our story [part 10]

Read Part 9 here, or head over to the Love Story tab at the top to read the whole thing!

Following Katie’s advice, I decided to ask Tim if he wanted to come to an extra credit event with me that I needed to go to for a class.  It was a lecture on a night in the middle of the week, and I knew it wouldn't be an exciting topic, but it seemed like a good excuse.  He immediately accepted and then asked what time I wanted him to pick me up.  This gentleman of a man never ceased to surprise me.

Tim picked me up (right on time, as always) wearing what had become my favorite jeans and a plaid shirt that made his blue eyes look even more beautiful.  We flirted during the whole drive over and during the whole lecture, but he never tried to hold my hand or put his arm around me, giving me some of the most conflicting emotions I’d ever experienced.  On the one hand, I was disappointed.  I knew I was starting to have feelings for him, and maybe his lack of touching meant a lack of interest.  But on the other hand, I wasn’t sure I was ready anyway.

On the walk back across campus, we decided to take a few detours.  It was only his first semester on the ASU campus, and since it was my seventh, I decided to show him around a bit.  I showed him The Secret Garden, the massive underground library, and some of the places we’d hung out as freshmen living on campus.  Somewhere along the way, I felt him grab my hand.  My heart skipped a beat, but we’d only walked a few paces before he let it go again.  I was confused.  And then I second-guessed myself.  Maybe he had only accidentally brushed my hand and it had awkwardly turned into unwanted hand-holding?  Either way, we talked and laughed as if we’d known each other forever, and by the time we got back to his truck, I’d resigned myself to the fact that this might just turn into a really good friendship.

“Would you like to go get some frozen yogurt?” I heard him ask.

Surprised, I nodded and smiled.  Maybe he didn’t want this night to end yet either.

Continue on to Part 11.

4 comments:

katilda said...

Squeeeeee!! ...that's all.

Tim said...

What happens next!!!;)

katilda said...

I decided I think he was probably trying to give you a high five. No, low five.

Elizabeth Kelsey Bradley said...

I was just reading your long term goals; we are moving to Scotland next month!! You must visit Edinburgh, as well as the Highlands. It's a stunning country!!

New subscriber! :)