Thursday, September 18, 2008

getting sweaty and not sweating the small stuff

I have never been more scolded for not doing something than I have for not writing on this blog. I didn't think people cared so much about the strange workings of my mind. Apparently, it's more for amusement than actual curiosity as to my doings; however, to appease the nagging I will write. You win.

One of the biggest reasons for my lack of consistency on this blog is...lack of time. I feel like I am never home. I spend most of my life on campus (when I am in-between classes, I can usually be found at the institute building, and when I am done with classes, I am at work--still on campus). I love my school, but honestly. This is just getting to be too much. I am fully aware that there are those people who are much busier than I (my roomie Madi being a prime example of this), but for me, this is getting to be just a little too much. I am very much a home-body. I love being able to just sit and vedge on my couch and read a good book. Instead, I sit under a tree outside the MU and read a good book (which has its advantages and disadvantages) when I find the time.

Furthermore, my lack of time (among other things) has been leading to some strange behavior on my part. Case in point: this morning when I woke up, I was terribly tired and very groggy. I stumbled (literally) out to the kitchen and decided I actually wanted to eat breakfast. So, I poured myself a bowl of cereal, reached into the fridge, pulled out the crystal light...and then proceeded to pour it on my cereal. I took me several seconds of pouring to realize that something didn't look right, so I stopped pouring and put the crystal light back in the fridge. Then I realized we didn't have any milk, so I just poured out the crystal light from my bowl and ate my soggy cereal. I feel fairly certain Heavenly Father got a good laugh out of that one. I know I did; I giggled through my entire breakfast.

I think part of the reason I have been so tired lately is because I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping--something that has never really happened to me before. I've been having a lot of bad dreams that wake me up constantly during the night so that even if I go to bed at a reasonable hour, I definitely don't wake up refreshed. Hmm....I'll have to think about that one some more.

Something I'm very proud of as of late: I have been going running! Okay, so maybe it only evens out to 4 or 5 times a week, but I still feel really good about this! It makes me feel better throughout my entire day and gives me a strong sense of accomplishment. I have a new goal every week so that my time will keep increasing. It's great.

Something I'm very grateful for as of late: my roommates. They will never know how much they mean to me. They get me through everything as they offer perspective, comfort, and best of all: humor. Whether they mean to or not, they make me laugh every day. I've always heard that laughter is the best medicine, so thank you Ashley and Madison! :)

Something I want to do better as of late: have more faith. I know Heavenly Father is in control, so I just need to stop sweating the small stuff and have faith that everything is going to turn out exactly like it's supposed to. I need to keep the eternal perspective and remember that even when things go wrong, it's okay. I'm gonna learn something from it, move on, and hopefully be a better person. As long as I'm doing what I need to--what Heavenly Father wants me to--I can (and will) be happy. I know that's true, so I just need to remember it.

2 comments:

Madison said...

haha i love you. i bet that crystal light cereal would have been delicious. i love you too roomie, i dont know what i would do without you and ash.

Chy said...

It's about time!!:) you know I am joking you. I feel your pain on I think everything you just said.... I almost typed stuj instead of just. I think it is time for bed how 'bout you?!?!