Wednesday, October 8, 2008

laughter is the best medicine

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you wonder if someone is just going to pop out of no where and yell, "You're on candid camera!" or something else along those lines? Well, this has definitely been one of those weeks for me. I wish I could remember all of the strange happenings of this week, but unfortunately, I only remember a couple of them.

My absolute favorite moment (which turned into many, many moments) was when I went outside my apartment to talk on the phone. Before I left, I called out to my roommates, "Don't lock me out!" Haha. Yep. I think I jinxed myself right there. While I was on the phone, my roommates texted me and told me they were going for a run. After I got back from my phone conversation, I walked up the stairs, turned the door handle, and...you guessed it! The door was locked. The very first two words that popped into my brain: "Oh dang." I'm pretty sure those were the only two words that stayed in my head for about two minutes before I started to giggle. My roommates were on a two hour run, it was really late at night, I was locked out of my own apartment, and I had to pee really badly...and my only reaction for the next two hours was to giggle uncontrollably to myself. I'm strange like that. It made me think of Elder Wirthlin's talk from the Saturday afternoon session of general conference where he counseled us to just laugh when things go wrong. Well, I think I definitely took his counsel to heart. Haha. Good times...with myself. Ha.

Another favorite moment from this week happened that very night after my roomies finally got home from their run. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, and Ashley and Madison were sitting in my room talking and drinking chocolate milk. Madi said something about how listening to Secondhand Serenade sometimes made her wish she had a boyfriend to which Ashley promptly responded, "You can borrow Josh for awhile if you want!" I shook my head as Madison snorted at that suggestion. Ashley gave us the most hurt look I've ever seen cross anyone's face. Madison and I started laughing at exactly the same time--the only difference being that Madi had chocolate milk in her mouth and I did not. Milk sprayed across the room and landed on Ashley's clothes, face, desk, and computer. I had the best view since the milk was backlit by Ashley's light. I started laughing even harder, but my favorite moment was when Ashley's first reaction was to reach down, pull Madi's sweaty sock from off her foot, and start to clean up all the sprayed milk with it. HAHA. Oh man. That was such a happy moment in the life of Katie.

2 comments:

Madison said...

oh my gosh I laughed sooooo hard when I read this!!! we are the best trio of roommates imagineable

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

Dearest Kaity,
This is your best friend Tanner. Remember me? I am pleased with your blog. Furthermore, great job on life. good things.

love,
Tanner