Monday, February 23, 2009

valentines day

I know this is a little belated, but...my Valentines Day was the best ever.  Basically. 

However, for the full effect of what I experienced on this day, I need to back up even further than Valentines Day.  A few weekends ago, Matt, Ashley, Josh, and I traveled to Casa Grande to hang out and do some exploring.  (I don't really recommend it as an exciting tourist spot; the stench of Casa Grande reminded me a lot of my 4-H days at the Yuma County Fair. Plus it's not really a terribly exiciting town anyway, although we did have a good time!)  While in Casa Grande, we stopped of at the local Target to pick up some snacks for the movies (yes I realize this isn't strictly legal, but it is much cheaper!).  With the intention of killing some time before our movie started, we meandered around Target for quite some time.  My meandering stopped altogether, however, when I saw a picture frame that I absolutely fell in love with.  I just couldn't walk away from it.  A picture frame doesn't really sound like it should be that exciting, but this thing was beautiful!  Matt saw how much I loved it, and I'm sure noticed the far-off look in my eye throughout the rest of the evening as I kept picturing the frame in my head.  But I knew I shouldn't spend the money, so I kept trying to forget about it.

Fast forward two weeks to Valentines Day.

In the morning, while Matt was at basketball, I "heart attacked" his room.  I felt like a ninja because of my incredible stealthiness.  (Disclaimer: There were no intense acts of violence during my ninja mission.)
That night, Matt made Ashley, Josh, and me chicken and brocoli alfredo and garlic bread.  It was amazing.  And sweet.  And romantic.  Right before we all ate together, Matt pulled me into his room and gave me his Valentines gift.  It was all I could do not to cry when I unwrapped the beautiful frame I had loved so much at Target.  Matt is so good to me!!!  (All the time....not just when he buys me one of the the most beautiful frames ever.:)


Here's one of Ashley and Josh.  YAY! :)



3 comments:

Tya said...

haha I love you! You make me laugh, I love how you are totally mesmerized by a picture frame! :) But that's sweet that Matt bought it for you!

The Tanner and Bryan Experience said...

I taught Matt, everything he knows. Well... mostly. I'm glad you had a great Valentines Day.

Camille Elise said...

Ah!!! Cute! You lucky girl you!