Friday, February 19, 2010

reconciliation

Dear Body,

Why? Why.

I feed you. I clothe you. I keep a roof over your head. I take you running 5 times a week.

I thought we were pretty close.

Do you not like the food? I know I feed you a lot of Mr. Pibb, but I thought we both felt the same way about that. You seem to like it. Is it all the candy? Okay, so I know I may eat too much of it sometimes, but you seem to like sugar, too. It's the salads, isn't it? You don't like the salads. Am I right?

What about the clothes? I try to wear only things that will keep you comfortable. We avoid wearing heels (except on Sunday, you know the rules) to ensure total comfort and almost always wear jeans. I thought you liked the jeans.

Is it the apartment? So I know it's not the cutest apartment in the world, but it's pretty nice. I'm a college student - what do you want? The Taj Mahal?

I know running makes you hurt sometimes, but it's for your good. Really. Take my word for it. Feeling like you are going to suffocate is a good thing sometimes. And the muscle aches are indicative of future strength. We are going to be buff. We like buff. Remember?

So why do you make me feel sick so often? If we are going to make this relationship work, you need to do your part, too. We need to work together.

I can't do this alone anymore.

I really do love you. Please try to remember that.

Sincerely and with much love,
Your Inner Self

3 comments:

Cait said...

Me too! I was feeling so sick tonight! Jason made me a delicious dinner and I couldn't eat very much of it and I felt bad because it really was good. Also, I feel sick as I type. And tomorrow is frisbee x 3 (I'm playing with 3 different groups tomorrow) and I have another date that involves dinner. Why must our bodies hate us? I think it's because we're so beautiful. Don't hate us because we're beautiful.

Jana said...

Sorry hon! I can get your body some food tomorrow. I hope you can convince it to be nice.

Pip said...

Well I do hope you get feeling better cous ... but this is taking talking to yourself to a whole new level, it might not just be the body that's having issues right now