Thursday, January 19, 2012

the common cold shoulder

You may have been wondering why I haven't been writing lately.

You may also not have been wondering why I haven't been writing lately.

In which case, I forgive you.

I didn't really care about any of you this week either.

Actually, that's not quite true.  I just didn't read your blogs as avidly.  Because, as they say, the Common Cold hath overtaken my body.  [You know...all those people who say that.]

Oh yes.  It's true.

But it did make my life very simple for a few days.  And by that I mean that all I did every day was take a shower and watch tv.  [And shower-taking was considered optional.]

And Tim made all the dinners and did all the dishes every day.  Aaaand I may have talked him into making some brownies tonight.  He [very enthusiastically] used our KitchenAid to mix the batter, and I realized that he might be the only person who loves our KitchenAid more than me.  [But it would be weird if someone else liked our KitchenAid more than us...stalkers.]

What I'm trying to say is that a few positive things came out of this experience.  [Not to mention the hours on end I spent watching some tv shows I'd never seen before: namely Lost and Terra Nova.  And Monk.  But I've seen that one before.]

Am I rambling?  [Fever?  Are you back?]

Ah well.  If it is, I'll just take some Nyquil again tonight.  [I took half the recommended dosage last night and slept like a baby.  It was a wonderful contrast to the previous night.]

Moral of the story?  Colds aren't all kicks and giggles, but husbands and tv shows and brownies are.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yuck!! Girl I'm sorry you're sick! It's always nice when the hubs is willing to take care of you ;) Get better soon!!

Rebecca Elizabeth said...

That stinks that you're sick...no bueno!! But I'm so happy that you have a sweet husband to take care of you, yay! Hope you're feeling better real soon, girly!! <3

P.S. I feel like a horrible person for not really keeping in touch with you these past several months! Maybe when you're feeling better, we can get together and catch up!

katilda said...

crazy things happen to me every time i have a fever. be sure to blog if such things befall you. (also have you seen "midway to heaven"? one of those "cheesy mormon movies" that we love very much. and actually this one isn't really cheesy. you should waaatch it!)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

DOn't you love it when your man steps up and does stuff like that?! :) haha Great post, great blog, happy I found it!