Sunday, May 6, 2012

cinco de mayo

Today you get a very special treat...a guest post from my husband!  Read, feast, and be merry!

Well hello Katie’s loyal readers. As many of you may have read, I am her charming and mature husband. Okay, okay, so I am not very charming and I choose to not be mature, but I am an expert in Mexican and Latin American culture. My background in Mexican and Latin American culture dates back many, many years ago. My first exposure to this ancient and vibrant culture was when my mom got me a piñata for my fifth birthday party (viva fiesta)! Then at age six I ate a burrito! Then at age seven I wore a sombrero!

Well now that I have established my credibility, let’s get down to the details. In honor of Cinco De Mayo, Katie and I decided to celebrate with a truly authentic Mexican evening! To start off the evening I came home from work to find my Bonita Senorita slaving away in the kitchen. She was making a dish that originated deep in the bowels of Monterey Mexico. You all know what dish I am talking about……..right? Macaroni and Cheese! Not just any old Mac and Cheese, though - this is Baked Mac and Cheese…..mmm!


After enjoying a delicioso dinner we moved on to the next phase of our Mexicano evening. I put on my sandalias (aka sandals) - tennis shoes would not satisfy the authentic nature of this giddy night!

Katie and I jumped into our Pinto and drove to get some true Mexican dessert. You may have heard of Flan, Dulce de Leche, and Choco Tacos, but these desserts have nothing on our Mexican treasure! This dessert originated deep in the hot native huts of Veracruz Mexico. That’s right…. You guessed it…. Shaved Ice! What could be more authentic then a Strawberry Daiquiri Shaved Ice with extra cream from Bahama Bucks! Now that is Mexican bliss at its finest!



Well friends, we were going to finish the night watching a movie that is known by Mexican natives both young and old. This movie is so penetrating that it is watched every Cinco De Mayo by the President of Mexico himself! That’s right Chicos y Chicas… “The Three Amigos”! As I mentioned above we were going to watch the movie, but we ended up watching a movie called “Renaissance Man.” Please forgive us for deviating from the authenticity of the night!

That concludes the details of our Cinco De Mayo adventure!

Well Hasta Por La Manzana!

*Disclaimer: This post is not meant to be offensive in any way.  Just goofy and nonsensical.  Kthxloveyoubye.*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the disclaimer. You guys are funny.

Madison Carrasco said...

hahahahaha so authentic. I like tim's writing style, he should guest write more often. Next year maybe we can have yall over for carne asada ;)

Chef Tess said...

Laughing and laughing. You two are amazingly made for each other! So funny!!