Sunday, July 28, 2013

too busy to tell you that...

I feel like I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

Actually, no.  No, I don't.  Gross.

But we have been real busy 'round these parts, y'all.

Like, did you know that two of my sisters-in-law had their babies this month?

cute little Talon

and precious little Burton [who shall heretofore be known as Gus]

No.  No, you didn't know.  Because I have been too dang busy to tell you.  And too busy to tell you that another one of my sisters-in-law is due in November, which will make for four grandbabies in 2013.  Three little ones for Ellie to boss around in the not-so-distant future.  Win.

And you probably didn't know that we have been painting our house.  And putting in new flooring downstairs.  And working on our yard.  And slowly unpacking.  And giving talks in church.  And having visits from my parents and Tim's parents and Tim's sister and nieces and nephews.  

And going on our first date in a couple of months, thanks to two of our favorite grandparent babysitters:


Thanks, Wayne and Priscilla!

And going on lunch outings with our favorite little girl:



Who, unexpectedly, has been loving going out in public lately.  My little social butterfly.

And maybe you didn't know that my sweet little four-month-old turned into a five-month-old yesterday.  [And that I still need to post both of those pictures.]  Or that she started eating rice cereal a couple of weeks ago and is loving it.  [More on that later.]

And, quite honestly, my life feels like a fairy-tale right now.

Maybe not everyone's version of a fairy-tale.

But definitely mine.

No comments: