Wednesday, September 25, 2013

and this is how my morning went

Thank you, thank you for your insights about my last post.

You guys are amazing.  Seriously.  I am in awe of how many good mamas there are out there.  And you've given me so many good ideas to try.  I think the best realization for me is that different things work for different kids, so I might need to try a variety of those ideas before I find something that works for us.

But as much as I am grateful for all of those ideas, I also just really needed that encouragement and support, so thank you!

Let me tell you about my morning.

It was a bit comical, actually.

I woke up and checked the weather, like I always do, to see what the temperatures would be like for our walk.  I noticed that it wasn't supposed to rain until 3pm, so I just bundled both of us up in warm clothing and hoped for the best.


I strapped Ellie in her stroller and walked outside.  Immediately I noticed the wind chill and worried that Ellie wouldn't be warm enough, so we walked back inside.  I knew she was getting impatient, but I unstrapped her, wrapped her in another jacket, and hoped that this time she would be protected against the chilly breezes.  I re-strapped [a now-crying] Ellie in her stroller and ventured back outside.

Where it immediately started raining on us.

I smiled and shook my head.

And back inside we went.

No comments: