Thursday, June 16, 2011

both feet

The rumors are true.

I'm engaged!!! (!!!!!!!!!!)

To this handsome fellow:


I love him.

Ok so maybe there aren't any rumors.  But I really am engaged.  And I definitely do love him.

He proposed last night.  And it was perfect.  Nothing went as planned, but it was perfect.

There will be a video and lots of pictures coming sometime soon [tricky-tricky, Tim], so I think I'll tell the whole story then.  But let me assure you:

It is a story worth telling.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this:

The Precious.   I never stop looking at it, I swear.

And this:

And I never stop smiling, I swear.

It took quite some time for me to feel ready for this step.  But I am ready now.  And I'm jumping in with both feet :)

Oh and one more tidbit of information...

We're shooting for August 6th.

Here's to a month-and-a-half of wedding planning!

5 comments:

shirley elizabeth said...

Holy cow that is super soon! Hope you're up to the task! Congratulations to you.
(and if you want info for a decorator that does a beautiful job pretty cheaply let me know)

Alexis Kaye said...

You're crazy for trying to cram it in so fast! crazy and smart! our engagement was 3.5 months and it was way too long. I'm so excited for you. And your ring is honestly gorgeous :)

Cait and TJ Canann said...

Such a tease. And here I was thinking that I was going to hear the proposal story. Well, I guess that means I'll just have to call you...

Amber Fenn said...

WHOO HOO!! Congrats a million times and never lose that smile (it's my favorite!) Can't wait!

Oh and August is the best month to get married (I'm biased) hehe!

Unknown said...

Ahhhh!! Being engaged is the BEST! Your ring is gorgeous! And I never stopped looking at it once I got it either. Wedding rings are the best. :)