Thursday, September 29, 2011

buttons and blankets

Here it is ladies and gentlemen...the moment you've all been waiting for...

You may now take my button!

[What? No one was waiting for that?  I'll just pretend I didn't hear that.]

And, in another bit of news, here is our new bedspread:


I know this isn't an awesome picture [which I'll blame on our camera rather than on the photographer], but isn't it cute?  [You may only respond if it is in the affirmative.]

Also, my best friend Ashley made us this fish blanket:


[Ok, I know that couch isn't the most beautiful thing you've ever seen, but it came with our furnished month-to-month apartment.  Don't judge.  And maybe overlook the boxes in the following picture.]


Tim sporting the fish blanket like the male model that he is.

Wait...what's that you say?  You don't see any fish?

That's ok.  There aren't any.

It's Ashley's family's tradition that all started with a blanket which did have fish on it.  Most of the blankets which have followed it have not sported any fish, but they are still called fish blankets.  [Eh, Pancha?]

Anyway, we love it.

My mom also made us an awesome quilt for our wedding, but the only picture I currently have of it has it covered with laundry.  Someday I will show you a picture.  Because it is awesome.

But.  Today is not that day.

Ok, time for homework.

Over and out!

6 comments:

Kndbbdjk said...

So cute :) I love quilts made by loved ones. I made Lance a quilt for our wedding... well actually I sewed the whole thing, but I have yet to actually quilt it. It will be done someday in the next year hopefully :)

katilda said...

i love your bed quilt, and...HOW DID YOU MAKE A BUTTON?! i guess i could just google it. one of these days.

Unknown said...

I love the quilt! Super cute! And I actually was totally waiting for your button hahahahaha ;) Now it's on my sidebar! Yay!

Sasha said...

I LOVE your bed! That is so cute!

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I so need to learn how to make quilts. Or anything for that matter!

Soo.. your button is on my blogs I <3 Love page. I am thinking however to switch them over to the side bars.... mmmmm..

Emma Frances said...

Love your new bedspread!! :] I am already sick of ours after a year and want a new one! Haha. Someday... And yay for blog buttons!!