Monday, September 26, 2011

items of business

I have a few items of business I would like to discuss.

[Ahaha.  Sometimes I make myself laugh.]

Ok, first things first.  See my new little blog button there on the side?  Don't take it yet!  [Is that bad publicity?  Alas.]  It's not quite perfected yet.  But.  I'm working on it.  [Or I should say, Tim is working on it.]  I'm not very savvy at all this hip blogger stuff yet.  [Obviously, if it's taken me this long to get a button, eh?]  I'll let you know when it's ready a.s.a.p.

Second item of business.  I was given two blog awards!  Well, technically, I think I was given the same blog award twice [by two different people - Emma from Race & Emma and Ashley from All Things Ashley].  The Versatile Blogger Award.  I'm so happy!  I love blog friends and blog lovin'.  So I believe I'm supposed to tell you seven random things about me and then nominate some people for the same award.

1. I am naturally a very shy person.  Over the years, it's gotten to the point where most people can't even tell [at least, I don't  think so].  But it takes a lot of work on my part sometimes.  I think now I can be relatively outgoing without a ton of effort, but occasionally I just revert to sitting in the corner quietly.

2.  I love food.  [Wait, was this supposed to be things you didn't know?]  I don't consider myself a "foodie," because let's face it - I am not discriminatory.  I love almost all food.  [Minus seafood.  I know that's a pretty large group to rule out, but I think if you read this post, you'll understand.]

3. I used to play the trumpet.  True story.  5th-8th grade.  Back in the glory days.  [Not.]

4. I once swallowed a penny.  When I was five.  And it got stuck in my esophagus and I had to have a bronchoscopy and stay in the hospital overnight.  Awkward.

5. I am a Mormon!  And my new Mormon.org profile is now up and running.  You can get to it by clicking on that "I'm a Mormon" button on the upper-right hand side.

6. Tim and I love Psych.  Like, love love love it.  Enough that we got two pineapples, two Season Four DVD sets, and a pineapple clock for wedding gifts.  I have this dream that we could spend an entire day with them, quoting '80s movies.  [And don't try to tell me that they aren't real.]

7. I am a singer.  Or more like I used to be.  I've done years of choir, but in high school, I did a few years of singing lessons.  And would compete in Classical and Musical Theatre competitions.  It was kind of intense and took a lot of the fun out of it for me.  But.  I still like to sing, but now it's more informal.  Sometimes, Tim and I sing on Mill Avenue in Tempe, AZ for fun [and we even get paid for it...suckers].

And there you have it.  Things you never wanted to know.  Now for the nominations.  [Our third item of business.]  This is really hard for me because I love so many blogs.  So many talented, creative people out there.  But here we go:

Katie from Scruples
Alexis from Alexis Laughs
Katie from Harrisness
Chelsea from Perfect in My Mind

[I didn't actually know how many I was supposed to nominate, so I did seven - the number of random facts about myself.]

Ok kids, now it's your turn!  Seven random facts about yourselves and nominations!

Fourth order of business: Camping was awesome.  I will have to tell you all about it a.s.a.p.  [But not now, because this is turning into a freakishly long post.]

Fifth order of business:


A wedding picture.  For fun.

Kbyenow.

13 comments:

Kndbbdjk said...

Aww thanks! :) But since I have never been nominated before... what do I do?

katilda said...

PINEAPPLE CLOCK. bahaha

Unknown said...

Hey here's the link I used to make my button cuz it's super easy!!

http://www.manicmother.com/2009/09/how-to-make-grab-my-button-box.html

And my husband is a HUGE Psych fan! He also loves the 80s references ;)

Kndbbdjk said...

Wait so since you nominated me, did I actually win the award or do we just keep nominating people? :) lol Sorry I am confused.

Kndbbdjk said...

Yay! Is there a button for that? :)

sanstorm07 said...

I think you should write for my blog You are a good creative writer

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

1. I played saxophone a little longer than your years. I heart band geeks ;)

2. I got a pea stuck up my nose and had to have it removed via the E.R.

3. WOW... I never have a nomination for anything.. mmmm coooll..

4. Cool button... We can most defiantly trade!

5. You pretty much rock.

Mary and Dyer said...

Love this post! I am a naturally shy person too & that is one of the reasons that I love blogging so much! Thanks for sharing all of this! xox

I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to check out my blog & follow back if you'd like! :)

Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Emma Frances said...

Love that you added the wedding picture! :]

Now in response to your seven facts:
1. I am totally the same way about shyness. Weird thing is I didn't realize this until I got married. Haha. 2. I like all food but seafood as well! 5. I am waiting for my mormon.org profile to get approved. The longer it takes the more I'm worried that I did something wrong! Haha. 6. Race and I are totally in love with Psych as well! Although MAYBE not quite as in love as you two. :] We have read some of the books and they are lots of fun! I'll have to find the pic of us Psych reading it up!

Anyway, you're awesome and I loved learning more about you and I can't wait to hear all about your camping trip! Hopefully it included LOTS o' s'mores!

Tim said...

Love the post! Your an awesome writer! 10;)

Ashley Slater said...

you are adorable... officially following your bloggy now. and I love your honesty about your button. BA HAHA! You know, sometimes blogging is just so much effort it can get annoying...resizing buttons for example. I hate doing that!

and p.s. of the two choices I would go with the mummy costume. minimal cleanup..just unwrap yourself and trash the toilet paper and you are back to normal. BAM.

:)

Lindsay Rondo said...

beautiful wedding shot.

and you swallowed a penny? yikes. I'm always afraid of my kid doing that.
glad you survived girly. :)

Lindsay

Alexis Kaye said...

you are a sweetie! :) thank you!