Tuesday, November 1, 2011

[lack of] trick-or-treaters

I have a confession, kids:

I did not dress up for Halloween.

This was not for lack of desire, but Tim was at work until late, so I decided to stay home and...study.

My one hope for the night was that I would have at least a few trick-or-treaters come to my door.  I had dreams of seeing all the cute little princesses and pirates and pumpkins and hearing that magic phrase.

But.

I did not have even one trick-or-treater.

My little pumpkin bowl that I bought specifically with the purpose of giving out candy to the kiddos [with all of the Halloween spirit that my little heart could muster]...


remained depressingly full...

and so I decided to eat all of the candy to make up for my loss.

[It worked surprisingly well.]

Happy November 1st!

5 comments:

Fran said...

That is so sad :( I only heard the magic phrase 3 times if that makes you feel any better :/

Suget said...

I only gave out 4 pieces of candy... maybe I should have given them handfuls huh? I just noticed that your goals.. <--- listed on that side of the blog, has running 4-5 times a week. I like it and I hope to make it one of my goals too (:

Emma Frances said...

So sad! That's what last year was like for us. This year we thought we wouldn't get very many so we handed out HUGE handfuls to every kid...and then we ran out! I made Race tell the kids...I felt so bad! Haha.

Alexis Kaye said...

hahahahha candy cures 98% of all problems. :)

karajean said...

Not even one?! How disappointing! We didn't have any either, but that was to be expected since our neighborhood is gated/full of oldies.

Scott has this theory that trick or treating is no longer as popular as it was when we were younger. It might be true, but it's so sad!