Wednesday, April 3, 2013

until i become supermom

Blogging is really hard when you're a new mom.

At least...it is for me.

Seriously.  Is this just me?

When I'm not holding her or sleeping, I usually want to do something crazy like...oh I don't know...laundry or dishes or something.  I know.  I know.  I'm a daredevil.

My sweet baby has been keeping a really fun schedule lately where she finally falls asleep at 3am and then wakes up off and on to eat until 12:00pm.  Which means I feel incredibly accomplished if I have showered by 2pm.  Because...you know...it rarely happens.  Most of the time, my goal is just to have showered by the time Tim gets home.  And for the rest of the day, Ellie and I just hang out and sing songs and dance around the living room.

It's a good time.

And since I haven't perfected the art of typing with one hand, I rarely comment on any of your blogs anymore.  But I promise I read them.  You know...when I'm not holding her...or sleeping...

Ok, let's get real.  There's actually very little sleeping involved.

But if I could, I would write all about how Ellie's smiles make my heart melt.  Or about how she's started occasionally saying words like "goo" and I couldn't be prouder.  Or about how Tim's parents drove all the way up to Utah for a surprise visit so they could meet Ellie for the first time and I almost cried with happiness.  Or about how we tried to go to a later church service on Easter because Ellie kept us up most of the night and ended up accidentally missing it altogether.

That was depressing.

But I guess at least we got some pictures in our Easter finest?  [Even if our daughter always looks less than impressed.]







Thank you, Tripod.

I love my baby.  I love my husband.  I love my family.  I love my life.

And in case I can't post again soon, I hope you're all having a fantastic week in this beautiful spring weather!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! I mean seriously ;) And that house is seriously like a dream!!!

Madison Carrasco said...

Is that your house? seriously, that is the cutest house ever, I want to move in.

katilda said...

Hey girl hey! Agreed with the above comments about the house. And, you look pretty. And, "masterpiece." And, I'm sure you're totally normal for not being on top of blogging with the whole new-mom thing going on. Between the not-sleeping and the sleeping-when-you-can and the feeding and singing and whatnot, it sounds like you're filling up your time just right :) I love you and miss you.

Emma Frances said...

Like everyone said, your house is adorable! I love it! And you look absolutely gorgeous! Also, I totally dropped out of blog world when I had Holland. I'm just now kinda starting to get back into it. Take your time! :] We'll all be here whenever you find the time to post! And Ellie is darling!

Kndbbdjk said...

Aren't tripods the best?! Your little one is so adorable! Good job momma! :)

Laynah said...

Hahaha that is sooo depressing that you missed church on Easter! At least the pictures looked awesome though :)

Shanley said...

I have a little one too. Maybe not so little, but it gets better I promise. The sleeping part I mean. She will get the hang of it soon, and the baby part just gets more and more fun!

shanleyandmitch.blogspot.com