Monday, February 3, 2014

bowling and kitchen remodel

Let's play catch-up for a few minutes, shall we?

A couple of weekends ago, we met up with my BFF, Cait and her cute family.

First we went bowling.  Tim and I hadn't been for a couple of years (painfully obvious), but we loved it!

Love this girl. 

 Good thing you can't see our scores on those screens.  You would be embarrassed for us.

Favorite people on the planet. 

In our house, we call this the cheeser smile!

And then we all went to Cafe Zupas!  I'm usually not much into soup/salad/sandwich places but I could literally eat at Zupas every day and be totally happy.

 And our babies were pretty happy, too.

Look at their eyes.  Just look at them.

I wish this family lived closer, and I'm sad to report that they're going to be moving away soon for grad school!  Let's just all take a moment to pray that they don't end up moving out of the country.

We've spent the last week or so painting the top row of cabinets in our kitchen.  It's tedious work, but the results make it SO fun.  We decided that we're going to just do the bottom row of cabinets little by little so it doesn't completely incapacitate our kitchen.  Because that's exactly what it did this last time.  [Hello Dollar Menu, goodbye nutrition.]

Want a sneak peek?  Don't judge too harshly; we still have a long way to go!

 Before

Mid way through

And we put down some cute contact paper inside the cabinets:

Before 

After

We still need to paint the bottom row, put up a backsplash, and take out the light fixture.  And, well, get new appliances and countertops, but we need to save our moneys for that!  It'll be awhile.

And now my sweet baby is crying, but at least we're mostly caught up!

[Have any of you redone your kitchens?  I would love to see before and after pics!]

1 comment:

katilda said...

I had a dream last night that I wast putting that fancy paper in my dresser drawers, and I think it's because of you. Somehow.