Thursday, February 20, 2014

valentine's day

Valentine's Day is great.  I know people get bent out of shape about the whole thing, but I think it's so fun to do something extra special now and then for the people you love.

I woke up to find hearts taped around our room and flowers on the kitchen counter.


Tim had even left a cute stuffed animal for Ellie - a monkey, because he always calls her that.


She loves it and carries it with her everywhere.









Tim and I must have been on the same wavelength, because it had been my plan to heart attack our room for him, too.  I wrote reasons I loved him on each one.  [Yes, we're that cheesy couple!]


[Don't judge the decor - I still have a long way to go!]


I found a groupon for a metallic "canvas" print of Ellie for his desk at work, and I borrowed someone else's idea for the bottled soda.



`
That night, we hung out with some of our cute nieces and nephews, and the next day for lunch, we went out to eat at one of our new favorite places: Tandoori Oven.  Indian food!  It's fabulous.  It's attached to the side of a gas station, but I truly feel that sometimes hole-in-the-wall places have the absolute best food.



[Tip: If you ever go, make sure to get the Chicken Tikka Masala.  AMAZING.]

This year was drastically different than last year, when I was nine months pregnant and eagerly awaiting Ellie's birth.  I'm so grateful that this year, I was able to celebrate with both of my sweethearts!

No comments: