Friday, March 14, 2014

ellie's 1st birthday

Ellie turned one on February 27, 2014.  It's impossible to put into words just how much she's changed my life, or how she's filled a hole in my heart I didn't even know existed until I heard her cries for the first time.  That little girl made me a mother, and I will always be grateful to her for that.

I love that she's my mini-me.  I love how her eyes look just like mine.  I love her sweet smile, and how freely she gives hugs and kisses.  I love her developing sense of humor, and wondering what she's thinking at any given moment.  I love that no matter how many times she falls, she's determined to get right back up again.  I love her waddle, and the way she throws her hands in the air when she wants to dance.  I love how she shakes her hips side to side, and how much she loves the song "Let It Go," even though we've never seen the movie.  I love that she drags stuffed animals three times as large as she is around the room, and how she tries to lift them up to show us how strong she is.

And most of all, I love that she's mine.  My heart will never be the same.

Ellie's birthday fell on a Thursday, and her party wasn't until Saturday, but we let her open a few presents from her doting aunt and grandma on her birthday itself.









She loved every second of it, and there was absolutely no doubt in her mind to whom those presents belonged.

The day of her party didn't go exactly as planned.  She boycotted her naps.  Two of the families who were going to come got sick - colds, RSV, sinus infections, stomach flu, you name it!  We decided on an "Up" theme, only to discover that Ellie has a very definite fear of balloons.  Ellie threw her cupcake on the ground.  And poor Tim accidentally deleted the video of her throwing said cupcake on the ground.

But it was fun!  And I got a good laugh when my brother referenced "Happy Birthday to the ground!" when he learned about the cupcake incident.




We got the toys behind her for $5 each at DI.  Holla! 

We used this tutorial for the cupcakes. 






"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!" 






The moment immediately before she threw half the cupcake on the ground.

Don't worry, she threw the other half, too. 




So happy Wayne, Michelle, and Tessa were able to make it! 



No doubt about it, Ellie is one very loved little girl.

No comments: