Friday, March 28, 2014

pre-birthday celebrations

I turn 25 tomorrow.

It's true, I do.  A quarter of a century.  And I feel very content about the whole thing.  Don't know if I'll be able to say that next year, or in 10 years, or in 20 years, but I hope so.  I hope that I'm always happy enough with the way my life is going that each year will just be another year full of good memories and fulfilled feelings.

Like this year.

The weather gave me an early birthday present today.  Sun.  Oh, how my heart has ached for the sun.  And that warmth.  Oh, the warmth.  There was still a slight chill in the air, but after the winter we've had I'll take it.  I've learned something about myself this winter, friends, and that is that the winter and I are not friends.  Not this Utah winter, anyway.  Arizona winter, on the other hand...now we were BFFs.  But Utah winter?  I spent way too many days feeling down and just pining away for the sun.  It just took more work to be happy.

But it wasn't hard today.

We decided to celebrate early, since we have a lot going on tomorrow.  Tim got off work around noon and came home to take me to lunch.  And Ellie, of course.  Because she's almost always with us.  And it's the best.

[Side note: We got our first non-family babysitter last weekend when we went to see South Pacific on stage.  I felt like a teenaged boy asking his first girl on a date.  It was awkward.  Those poor boys.  I've got empathy like no one's business after that.  But she was great.  And Ellie did great.  And the play was great.  I've always been a huge fan of Rogers and Hammerstein.  And even Tim was impressed.  Wish I'd gotten a picture.  End abnormally-long-side-note.]

I opened one of my presents early [thanks Aunt Ginny!].  I may or may not have already known what it was going to be and I may or may not have wanted to wear it with my outfit today.


My first pair of Toms!


I hated them when they first came out.  Those and skinny jeans.  And here I am, eating my words.  Wearing both of them.  Together.  [I'm always a few years behind the curve.]


Oh and see that turquoise rocker?  My parents gave it to me as an early birthday present whilst they were here and I still take a few seconds of silence each day in appreciation.  It's a favorite.


I just love them.

Can you guess where we went to lunch?  If you guessed Chipotle...then you know I'm really predictable.  I go there any chance I get.  Oh, you want to go for a drive?  Do you think we'll drive by Chipotle?  Oh, you're going to SLC for work?  Will you have time for a lunch break...at Chipotle?  Oh, it's date night?  You want Chipotle tonight, too, right?  Tim just laughed at the absurdity when he "asked" me where I wanted to eat.  Captain Obvious, right here.

Love that little mischievous munchkin. 

Oh dang.  STUD. 

 "How did that quesadilla get on the ground?  Wasn't me..."

 My world, right there.

And then we went for a walk around Sugar House.  Such a cute area.  I can't wait to see it when it's all green outside!


We only got to walk around for a few minutes, since we needed to get home to feed the missionaries [one of them was from Prescott...holla!], but we loved it and want to go back soon.

A huge shout-out to Tim for doing everything in his power to make me feel special...today and every day.  I don't know how I got so lucky.

No comments: