Thursday, July 7, 2011

the luckiest

I know, I know...I have been a very bad blogger lately.

Please forgive me.

This whole month-and-a-half of wedding planning [now less than a month!] is keeping me quite busy, I must say.

Plus, Tim and I went to California for the Fourth of July with mi familia to visit my grandma and my aunt.  Which was mucho fun-o.  [Thanks for asking.]  We ate food, watched fireworks, enjoyed episodes of The Twilight Zone [I'd never seen it, and hi, why had no one ever told me to watch it before?!], ate more food, went shopping, ate food again, and mostly just enjoyed each other's company.  [Obviously food is a major theme in my family.  No complaints here.]

My wedding dress is currently being altered, and can I just say...there are few things that I have ever loved as much as this dress.  [Material things, not people, duh.]  My ring is high up on that list, along with my stuffed animal, Blueberry.  [Don't judge.]  I wish I could adequately explain how beautiful it is, but I guess you'll see it soon enough.  [#pictureoverload]

Between bridal showers, a bachelorette party, pre-wedding pictures [I didn't really want him to see me in my dress before the wedding, but really, it just made the most sense. #mesaisreallyhotinaugust], sending out announcements, receiving my endowment [#soexcited], booking our honeymoon [we're going to Hawaii!  whaaat!  and my roommate just informed me that that's where Cory and Topanga went on their honeymoon, and that makes it 1,000 times better], and just general wedding planning, my free time is extremely limited.  But I am loving every second of it.

When I get stressed or overwhelmed, I need only to look at Tim to remember why this is worth it.  He smiles at me and it is completely apparent that he loves me [and then I feel like the luckiest girl in the world].  He calms me down when I want to cry and takes over responsibilities that I don't want [and doesn't even complain like I sometimes do].  He gets excited and says he can't wait to spend the rest of forever with me [even if later in life we both gain some weight and a few wrinkles].

Yes, I am a very, very lucky girl.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I think everyone can see that I am the lucky one! Just saying.... Great Blog Katie ;)

Alexis Kaye said...

You are! It's true, it's so nice to find a guy like that. Clint does that perfectly for me. I can never stay mad or upset too long around him because he just makes me feel so great! I couldn't be happier for you two! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, good luck with the last of wedding planning! Sounds like it's going well and you have a sweetie of a fiance :)