Thursday, May 19, 2011

date night

Last weekend, Tim and I went on a double date with one of my old roommates and a guy from Tim's ward.  Tanner and Taryn hadn't known each other previously, and Tanner didn't know either Tim nor I very well, but they were both super good sports.

Because, you see, Tim and I had planned a night of thrills and excitement.

Or something like that.

Here's what really happened.

We ate frozen yogurt.

The end.

Just kidding.  Hahaha

We ate frozen yogurt and then we went to Michael's.  Starting to get good already, eh?

At Michael's, we split up into teams and limited each team to a $5 budget.  I'll bet you could guess who the teams were, but for the sake of time [shoot, you could be a really bad guesser], I won't make you do that.  Tim and I were on a team, and we put Taryn and Tanner on a team.  The objective?  To find supplies to make a boat to race against the other team (again, all for under $5).  Then we went back to Tim's house to make the boats.

Tim felt very confident that our boat was going to win.


I was just having fun putting together the sail.  I mean, uh, I knew we were going to WIN!

Yep, I made that sail.  I'm pretty proud.

It was hard work.  Obviously.

Tanner and Taryn's boat turned out pretty cool....


....but we knew we were going to win.
Here is a picture of their boat in the water:
Whatever.

Our boat got off to a triumphant start...


 ...and then it may or may not have tipped over and died.

Tim was so sad.


I was just happy ours had floated at all.


The moral of the story?  Whoever plans the date wins the race.  I'm pretty sure Abraham Lincoln said that or something.  

Or maybe it was Tim.  

I guess we'll never know.

5 comments:

katilda said...

"you could be a really bad guesser." bahahaha. this date looks REALLLLY GOOOOOD. ahahaha

Alexis Kaye said...

What a creative date idea! I like it!

Annie Citrine said...

HAHAHAHA I literally laughed out loud. And blogs don't usually do that. So way to be funny!

Ashley Slater said...

this is HILARIOUS. What a fun idea!!!!! Ugh, I wish I had friends that were cool enough to do stuff like that.

Oh wait, thats right...my husband and I move every three months so I am never going to have real friends again. Ha.... *cry*.

love your blog!

Adventures of Newlyweds

ashley.warner said...

looks like so much fun!!! :)

ps. I am hosting a giveaway if you're interested!

http://ashley-warner.blogspot.com/2011/05/calling-all-persons-who-enjoy-free.html