Wednesday, May 18, 2011

the day i became a grown-up

....Sort of.  That may be a bit of an exaggeration.  I still feel very much like a six-year-old.  But it was the day of:

My Graduation Ceremony: [almost] the most boring thing I've ever been to in my life.

I say almost because my ten seconds of fame walking across the stage was a wee bit exciting.  And by a wee bit, I mean very.

The other 1199 names that were read and the other 1199 students who walked across the stage made it less exciting for me.  [I'm sure they felt the same way about me.]  Add to that the fact that I couldn't pronounce even half of their names and you had one very bored girl.  [No, no...I take that back.  That part made it more interesting, not less.]

I sat over in that section on the left.  If you can spot me I'll give you five dollars.

In addition to those 1199 students [sick of that number yet?  It's ok, so was I], I have also attended and helped to plan approximately eight other convocation ceremonies because of my job, which also made it less exciting.  They're all very similar.  And by very, I mean extremely.

The best part of the ceremony was knowing that my family and friends were in the audience to support me.  Seriously, they made the entire day for me.  I was (and still am) in awe of the love I felt emanating from them.  I am so, so blessed to have such people in my life.

Here are some pictures of a few of them:

 Mis padres
p.s. I like the girl on her cell phone next to my dad.

My boss
Seriously, she's awesome.

Tim, me, my dad, my mom 

 Timothy and me

Jana Banana and me
Jana, it's the one time I look almost as tall as you :)


Right after the ceremony
We were excited to be out of the heat. And it was only 10:00am!  Please excuse the shiny faced-ness. 
P.S.  Who knew my thumb could get so crazy!

 Tim
He rode with my parents and me because he lost his car like an old person at Walmart :)

At Oregano's soon after the ceremony
Please excuse another case of my awkward arms.

And then I got to spend the rest of the day hanging out with my parents.

For all my complaning, it couldn't have been a better day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You were gorgeous. When you made the comment on Tim loosing his car my first thought was "Hey! I resemble that remark." Funny post, fun day. I'd do it again, just not soon.

Dawn said...

Congratulations!! This makes me feel REALLY old. And I'm not old!!

Amber Fenn said...

YAY!!! Congrats Katie!! It's a great feeling isn't it?? And you should feel very proud and accomplished!