Wednesday, May 4, 2011

hearing issues

Yesterday I called Tim after I got off work, and he started telling me about the paper that he needed to write. He said he was worried because he wasn't sure if he could make it long enough. So I told him that I'd help him research it later, and that we'd find a lot of sources to "make the paper more fluffy."

There was a pause.

Then Tim asked [quite incredulously, I might add], "...Did you just call me Fluffy?"

Which naturally resulted in me giggling for the next five minutes. Literally. Five minutes. On the phone. Attempting to drive my stick shift.

It wasn't until I stopped giggling enough to breathe that I could correct this gross misconception.

And I thought I had trouble hearing.

It reminded me of another time when it actually was me with the hearing issues. [I always joke about this, but I actually do have hearing loss. It keeps my life interesting.] One time we were driving in his truck, talking about our impending trip to California. Here's how it went down:

Me: We should go to the beach while we're there!

Tim: I'm game!

[How the above sentence sounded to me]: I'm gay!

Me: Why are you picking now to tell me this?!

Then we giggled about that for quite sometime.

Talk about gross misconceptions.

P.S. On a totally unrelated subject, I went to a car wash the other day for the first time in months. She needed it. My beloved Roxy is squeaky clean.

P.P.S. That's all.

1 comment:

Cait and TJ Canann said...

TJ mishears me all the time. Actually a lot of people mishear. Maybe I should work on my speaking skills. Love you!